I try my best to play this blog straight up the middle. I recognize that my tendencies likely show on occasion, from years of forming my own beliefs and political opinions. They are bound to seep out sometimes.
However, at times, it is only appropriate that I skewer some political group. Once, I skewered the Dems. Tosay, it’s the GOP, and how they deserve it! Here goes, courtesy of Forrest Gump:
- “Stupid is as stupid does.” The GOP, in general. Leading from behind, obviously. Whereas Dems always act as they are leading, the GOP always acts as they are following. They are kind of like a cat we used to own. The cat craved going outside, but was declawed, so we did not permit it. On a couple occasions, the cat made a run for it, and got outside…then froze. It did nothing. Nothing. Kind of like the “GOP leadership.”
- “My mama always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’” Like the elected GOP congressmen, you never really know what you get. Are they conservative? Libertarian? Socially liberal? Or, the worst of all…conditional, based on the donors? Conversely, you have to hand it to the Dems, who are always in lockstep in front of the cameras. Not so with the GOP.
- “Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots.” The Democrats and the GOP leadership. Regardless how different they claim to be, they are much too alike.
- “Run, Forrest! Run!” What the conservative and libertarian leaning members are thinking about any affiliated candidate that may considering running for a House or Senate seat in 2018.
- “You have to do the best with what God gave you.” If this is the best, that GOP vice grip on the legislative branch won’t last long.
- “What’s normal anyways?” GOP, having six years since the signing of ACA to devise alternatives, and having nothing. Nothing.
That’s it for this episode of “What happened to the GOP?” Stay tuned tomorrow, to see if things look any different.
From the bus:
- Positive/news: Trump Office of Innovation
- Positive/news: Sanctuary city penalties
- Positive/rumor: Podesta plus Putin?
- Negative/news: No surprise, Dems to block Gorsuch
- Negative/news: Keystone pipeline terrorism planned
- Negative/news: The “religious left” progresses
- Negative/news: Mexico – the wall is a religious issue
- Of note: The Y chromosome factor in transgender athletes
- Indicator: Dow Jones Industrial Average
- A good read: The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith