During a normal business day, I usually track between 4,500-6,000 steps, including my walks to/from the bus or car. That may not sound like much, but consider that I also work out most mornings before I go to work. Hence, the butt-sitting for most of the day is not as detrimental as it would be if I did not work out.
Today, however, was a different story. Outside of walking to/from the car, my walking trips – to the restroom, the fridge, etc. – were kept to a minimum due to 90 and 120-minute meetings and such. The normal walking I would do was lacking. Fortunately, I did have my morning workout.
For the evening, we visited family friends, had a great dinner, and lots of laughter. We always have lots of laughter and song during our visits. All of the kids are musically inclined and not afraid to perform on piano or burst out in song.
It’s almost pains me to post political stuff. Alas, I must.
- Con/news: Flynn immunity deal
- Pro/opinion: “…Collaboration will not be tolerated”
- Pro/news: “The days of ‘trust me’ science are over”
- Neutral/opinion: Senate – “we’re no good together”
- Con/news: “The right side of history?”
- Culture/commentary: ESPN’s woes
- Of note: The tequila rain cloud